Lots of stuff has been going on! Here is what I have to look forward to this summer:
- A change gonna come. Got my first (and hopefully not last) acceptance letter to a school of my choice! Things are looking up.
- Sent in my two week notice at work. My last day will be May 15th. I am departing from my part-time job because I will be going off to university in the Fall and have big plans that will take up most of my summer. I didn’t want to make a big deal about my leaving but somehow, the news leaked and the reaction I got from my fellow co-workers was very humbling. I didn’t know that they cared so much about me. Leaving my first job will be a bitter-sweet moment because although I had some ups and downs, I met some great people and learned a lot about myself/others/life/the value of a dollar. I will take my departure with many sweet memories and good friendships.
- The end of two years. I’ve been stuck at community college for two years now and can’t wait to leave! The end of the semester is fast approaching and I have finals, papers and exams to worry about. So close yet so far. For me, spending the last two years at CC has been eye opening. I finally got my footing and did some pretty badass things that I’m mucho proud about thanks to the slow pace of staying local.
- Road trip time! On May 26th, I’ll be boarding a plane to London and starting a 3.5 week road trip across the UK with one of my close high school friends. We will be driving up the West Coast to Scotland ,where she currently lives, then back down the East Coast and spending three nights in Paris. Something important to mention about this trip is that I’m paying for it out of my own pocket. Thats right, the past year working a minimum wage job has helped me finance my ultimate dream vacation and I am itching to get out of the country!
- Moving out and moving in. Once I’m back from my road trip hiatus, I will be in full college transfer mode. That means sending in final transcripts, attending orientation, signing up for student housing, etc. I’ve got a big ‘ol list of things to do before college even starts. Wish me luck!